Monday, February 18, 2013

DUCKS, DEER AND KANGAROOS ON FAIRWAY!

Did you read about those Kangaroos that crossed the fairway? If not, read it here.

It happened during an LPGA tour in Australia very recently according to the post.

How wonderful! I do not know how the players and organizers felt about it, I sure felt good to read the post and I am sure I would have enjoyed the sight if I had been there.But nobody let me.

That in turn reminded me about all those animals and birds that I have seen on golf-courses in India.Ducks and Geese waddle about in many of the courses, Deer I have seen in MEPTA (Army Golf Course),Lucknow. I have seen peacocks too in the same course. A huge snake slithered by in Tollygunge Golf Course, Kolkata. Snake holes? I have seen them on almost all the courses I have been to. May be, the snakes missed my eyes!But, these are all common in India as Alligators are common in Florida!(correct me if I am wrong)

What seems more unusual is that Yaks are common in some courses in Sikkim(India). I read about it somewhere that they in fact play hosts to players and take them around the golf course. What an alternative to Golf Buggy! In Wellington Gymkhana Club, the biggest complaint of the green keepers is that there are plenty of Bison and Wild Boars which have a free access to the fairways. But, these animals I believe are not that interested in the fairways as they are about the Greens!

The place where I stay right now has another Army Golf Course called the Mountain View Environment Park and who do you think are the regular visitors? Elephants! I am not joking, it is true. I am not an eye-witness, but we heard the caddies talk a lot about them.And one fine evening, my husband had seen a huge tusker on one of the greens! What an amazing sight it would have been!





No comments:

Post a Comment