Sunday, February 17, 2013

A BOOK ON GOLF I LIKED

I recently came across a book while I was browsing on Amazon.com. Thankfully Amazon allows you to get a look into most of the books by getting a sample totally free of cost. Though the sample just contains a few pages, it is enough to know the style of writing, what the book is going to talk about, etc.So, I got a sample of this book titled,'How Short Hitting, Bad Golfers Break 90 All the Time' written by Fred Fields. Sure the title sounded as though it has been written for me.Of course I can pardon the author for not making it 100 instead of 90! He may not know that people like me exist!

Well, the sample was all fine and so I ordered for the kindle version of the book and Voila I had it on my tablet in minutes.I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I  read it aloud (relevant chapters) once for my daughter and once for my husband! Yes, definitely the relevant chapters were slightly different for both of them.

Do not ask whether I have managed to break 90...I haven't been on the course since I got the book. Even I had been, my aim would have been to break 110 first! So, does this book help me in my golfing thoughts? Sure it will help me change my thoughts when I am next on the golf course. This book has been written by a golfer who is quite into his 70s, so I know his experience on the golf course is quite high.Moreover, he has written the whole book very interestingly with logical reasoning behind how one can break 90 with ease.

I will recommend it to anyone who is a high handicapper who has got the right swings but not the right scores! Happy Golfing!




No comments:

Post a Comment